Redefining the organization's value proposition to address evolving purchaser and patient needs and expectations. Shifting from a traditional fee-for-service model to value-based care, where the focus is on delivering high-quality, cost-effective care and improving patient outcomes.
Kaufman Hall helps healthcare organizations navigate payer relationships, optimize resource utilization, improve patient outcomes, and achieve financial sustainability in a managed care environment.
Virtuous Cycle of Value Creation and Capture
- Renegotiating rates that are aligned with market trends
- Enhancing clinical offerings to meet evolving consumer preferences and keeping patient services within the system as appropriate
- Increasing near-term value-based contract performance through clinical documentation accuracy and quality improvement
- Optimizing key functions and comprehensive maintenance of CDM
- Understanding unmet market demand
- Increasing patient loyalties through network strategies
- Expanding inorganically through strategic M&A activities
- Creating and capturing value through provider partnerships built on value-based care
- Rearchitecting the payer mix through strategic reset of select payer relationships
- Developing new and/or alternative and joint-investment models with payers
- Disintermediating payers and partnering directly with key purchasers
Providing Deep Industry Expertise
Learn more how Kaufman Hall can help with your managed care strategy.
Speak to Our Advisors
Taking on a greater role in value-based care and positioning organizations for a more secure financial future
Well-executed, a value-based care strategy can help to solidify patient capture and volume, while also broadening revenue streams and insulating health systems from some of the impacts of reductions in overall hospital volume. Kaufman Hall collaborates with organizations to evaluate the market and devise strategically and financially viable paths to value-based care.
Kaufman Hall’s full suite of value-based care services meets healthcare organizations where they are and supports them on their journey toward value:
Performance assessment and optimization
Transformation planning and execution support
Joyjit Saha Choudhury is a Managing Director with Kaufman Hall in the firm’s Strategy Practice.
Sarah Wiley is a Managing Director with Kaufman Hall in the firm’s Strategy Practice.
Value-Based Care: Why Now?
Value-based care has been a “hot” topic for years now. Every conference, every industry meeting, and every publication has talked about the importance of moving “from volume to value.” The Affordable Care Act was expected to super-charge that shift with the introduction of Accountable Care Organizations.