Structure Financial Processes for Optimal Financial Decision Making
We have assessed current practices for resource deployment across the strategic planning, financial planning, capital planning and budgeting, operating budget, and year-end forecasting processes and recommended scope, participants, governance, data requirements, timing, and technical support for each. We take a holistic approach that clearly defines the points of integration between each financial process to establish a single decision-making framework that is both effective and efficient.
- Financial plan development
- Assessment of funding options
- Pro-forma financial modeling and health assessments
- Credit analysis (including peer comparisons) and debt capacity
- Academic program cost and subsidy analysis
- Financial Strategy Development (i.e., the Financial Plan)
- Develop integrated strategic financial plans
- Operating budget assessment and design
- Identify cost drivers and key operating metrics
- Business planning for projects and strategic initiatives
- Scenario projections
- Risk sensitivity analyses
- Capital position and debt capacity analyses
- Executive and trustee education on best-practice higher education financial management
Kaufman Hall offers college and university leaders a range of resources and solutions to optimize performance and organizational decision making and sustained financial performance.
Takeaways from Our Conversation with the Rating Agencies on the Outlook for Higher Education
Beyond the Outlooks: Our Second Annual Conversation with the Rating Agencies Webinar
Athletics Might Boost Enrollment, but How About Financial Performance?
A Look Back at 2023: Headwinds or a Coming Storm?
Kaufman Hall offers college and university leaders a range of expertise and solutions to optimize performance and organizational decision making and sustained financial performance.