Payer Provider Strategy & Partnerships
Payer-Provider collaboration and vertical integration are becoming increasingly important as value-based care is a primary differentiator for health systems. Kaufman Hall brings expertise across strategy, financial planning, partnership development, and performance improvement to deliver a holistic, integrated approach to payer-provider partnership. Our unparalleled experience ensures that partnerships are driven by solid strategic and financial principles.
Helping organizations look beyond transactions between hospitals and health systems to partnerships between health plans and provider organizations
Kaufman Hall understands the strategic and financial imperatives for payers and providers today. The great decentralization of healthcare (virtual, home, etc.) is inspiring a wave of new industry entrants – with significant implications for provider and payer incumbents. Payment models are increasingly marching toward value, fueled by material changes to our regulatory environment, consumer/purchaser landscape, tech enablement, physician enablement, and consequences of cost sharing.
- Deep understanding of how healthcare markets function both locally and regionally
- Thought leadership on the integration of healthcare financing and delivery, including the impact of different value-based payment models on providers and payers
- Recent and relevant market experiences with payer/provider partnership and strategy
- Our integrated, gold-standard approach on strategy, finance, and partnerships
- Senior team of experts to best meet the needs of high-priority engagements
We work with a broad range of payers and providers on a variety of payer-provider engagements, including:
- Identify models to enhance overall economic alignment and business overlap
- Structure partnerships which create meaningful value through a data-driven approach
- Structure and facilitate effective, sustainable partnerships to drive sustainable growth
- Design systems of care and develop ambulatory strategies to attract payer partners
- Identify growth opportunities to support overall managed care strategy and move to value based care
With our deep and multi-disciplinary approach, our senior team of experts ensures that partnerships are driven by solid strategic and financial principles.
Joyjit Saha Choudhury is a Managing Director with Kaufman Hall in the firm’s Strategy Practice.
Sarah Wiley is a Managing Director with Kaufman Hall in the firm’s Strategy Practice.