Analytically Grounded. Financially Tested.
The Right Strategies to Compete.
From developing and implementing integrated financial and capital plans to identifying whether there is enough capital capacity to support new strategies, we partner with healthcare leaders to link strategic missions with measurable financial objectives.
What We Do
Develop a New Approach to Access, Pricing and Experience
Today’s consumers are taking control of healthcare decisions in ways that would have been impossible even five years ago. Meanwhile, some value-based payment models are linking provider revenue to consumer engagement and satisfaction.
Our consultants guide healthcare providers in putting consumers at the center of care delivery models. We partner with our clients to re-imagine every aspect of the care encounter—from the point of view of the consumer—to design and implement strategies that build loyalty and trust.
How We Help
Build Consumer Loyalty
Our work is based on the principle that consumer-centric care is not an initiative or program, but a foundational organizational competency that is key to growth and risk management.
We work with healthcare leaders to craft and implement a consumer strategy that more effectively engages consumers from the point of access and beyond, and provides enhanced convenience, communication, and choice.
Our consumer strategy team includes individuals with deep expertise in consumer product marketing, retail and channel strategies, ambulatory and virtual care, and integrated strategic, financial, and capital planning.
Our Areas of Expertise
RECAPTURING PATIENT VOLUMES
Outside > In: How to Win Back Consumers
Health systems continue to confront patient volumes that are well below pre-pandemic levels—and wonder if they will ever come back. We will help your organization understand how to deliver care when, where, and how consumers want to receive it, and then organize to get “there” quickly to recapture volumes.
- Identify and quantify what consumers value in your key services, and segment your services accordingly
- Prioritize your services and decide where to “Win,” “Play,” and “Optimize”
- Measure your consumer franchise regularly
Reimagine the “Front Door"
Today’s healthcare consumer expects convenient access to virtual and physical services. We will help your organization develop a fully integrated strategy to improve the consumer journey and drive stronger engagement.
- Develop an ambulatory network strategy
- Evaluate shoppable services’ virtual and physical competitiveness
- Assess consumer journey pain points and digital solutions
Reposition "Shoppable" Services
Consumers are increasingly willing to compare prices for routine care. We will help your organization develop, implement, and deploy a sustainable pricing strategy for at-risk shoppable services.
- Quantify Consumer Shopping ActivityTM and price elasticity
- Decode the healthcare Consumer Value Equation
- Prioritize pricing actions and financial tradeoffs
Customer Experience Strategy
Retain Customers and Build Loyalty
The key to building loyalty is offering a seamless consumer experience. We will help your organization identify and address your most challenging consumer interactions.
- Identify and prioritize the consumer journey challenges
- Recommend improvements in workflow, culture, and technology
- Quantify the impact of improved patient acquisition, retention, and loyalty
Customer Insights & Organization
Analyze and Understand the Consumer
Delivering what consumers want and need is critical to success. We will help your organization understand consumer needs and expectations, identify key gaps, and build an implementation roadmap.
- Assess organizational consumer strategy readiness
- Address priority gaps in marketplace understanding
- Design and implement the consumer insights center of excellence
Talk with one of our experts to discuss the right path forward
for your organization
Meet Our Leaders on Consumer Strategy
Dan Clarin, Managing Director
2021 State of Consumerism in Healthcare Survey: Regaining Momentum
Momentum for meeting the changing needs of healthcare consumers has stalled in 2021, according to the sixth annual Kaufman Hall State of Consumerism in Healthcare Survey.