The pandemic and its complex social and economic effects have dislocated the modern workforce. The problem is especially profound in healthcare, where nearly 1 in 5 workers quit their jobs during the pandemic and one-third of nurses plan to leave their current roles by the end of 2022. The resulting labor shortages are a top concern for hospitals’ efforts to remain financially stable and to deliver safe, high-quality care.
Read the Spring 2022 Kaufman Hall Report for key facts hospital leaders should consider as they work to stabilize their workforce. Also included in the issue:
- The growing influence of ESG investment in not-for-profit healthcare
- Considerations for hedging against a rising rate environment
- A practical approach to integrating the consumer in strategic planning
- How Omicron and other factors affected healthcare mergers and acquisitions in Q1
- The latest performance data signal early signs of recovery for U.S. providers