Kaufman Hall Advised Centura Health and its Sponsor, CommonSpirit Health, in the Acquisition of Steward Health Care’s Utah Portfolio
CHICAGO – May 1, 2023, Centura Health (Centura) and its operating sponsor, CommonSpirit Health (CommonSpirit), has acquired Steward Health Care’s (Steward) Utah care sites, which include five hospitals, more than 35 medical group clinics, and a clinically integrated network of care providers. Centura Health will manage the assets. The five hospitals and their affiliated clinics included in the acquisition include:
- Holy Cross Hospital – Davis (formerly known as Davis Hospital and Medical Center) in Layton
- Holy Cross Hospital – Jordan Valley (formerly known as Jordan Valley Medical Center) in West Jordan
- Holy Cross Hospital – Jordan Valley West (formerly known as Jordan Valley Medical Center-West Valley Campus) in West Valley City
- Holy Cross Hospital – Mountain Point (formerly known as Mountain Point Medical Center) in Lehi
- Holy Cross Hospital – Salt Lake (formerly known as Salt Lake Regional Medical Center) in Salt Lake City
Kaufman Hall served as the exclusive transaction advisor to Centura and CommonSpirit throughout the sale process.
In connection with Centura and CommonSpirit’s acquisition of Steward’s Utah portfolio, Kaufman Hall also served as real estate advisor to CommonSpirit in its master lease negotiation with Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (NYSE: MPW), which will remain the owner of the acute-care hospitals and certain other property included in the transaction.
Centura and CommonSpirit entered into definitive agreements with Steward in February 2023.