Download this white paper to learn more about the challenges to combining the institutional and professional data and the opportunities that a robust cost accounting and decision support software solution can bring, including:
- Industry changes and trends impacting healthcare cost accounting
- Common data and systems features
- Special considerations needed for institutional billing and reimbursement
- Differences seen in professional service billing and reimbursement
- Professional data planning and cost accounting considerations
Understanding costs at the patient level has never been more important, but much of that data is trapped in systems outside the hospital — such as practice management systems.
A robust cost accounting and decision support software solution can incorporate data from multiple disparate systems, connecting health systems to a more complete picture of their costs. This is key to lowering costs, effective participation in alternative payment plans, and contract negotiations with payers.