We help independent hospitals identify the optimal partner to be competitive and maintain success in the future
The implications of value-based care, in many instances, have been the final straw that has led many strong community hospitals to evaluate the long-term viability of remaining independent. Kaufman Hall has assisted numerous organizations in evaluating whether they can fulfill their missions as independent organizations, or better achieve their goals through strategic partnerships.
Our merger advisory services include:
- Assisting the client to develop detailed strategic partnership goals and objectives
- Identifying the potential partners that can best meet the partnership objectives
- Preparing a thorough confidential descriptive memorandum that provides appropriate background on the partner-seeking entity to potential partners
- Developing a comprehensive request for proposal
- Contacting potential partners
- Receiving, evaluating, refining, and negotiating proposals
- Preparing the client for reference calls and potential site visits with interested parties
- Executing a letter of intent with the preferred partner
- Coordinating comprehensive due diligence
- Negotiating definitive agreements to maximize value in terms of price and related conditions
- Closing the transaction
Identifying and securing a best-fit partner can position the partner-seeking organization to more fully meet its community’s health needs well into the future. Our goal is to develop a partnership that will stand the test of time, not simply to execute a transaction.