Our capital experts guide you in the design and implementation of a comprehensive, best-practice capital planning and decision-making process that can be easily managed and evolve into the future.
The goal of Kaufman Hall’s Capital Allocation services is to help your organization maximize opportunities for strategic and financial success in today’s rapidly evolving environment by ensuring integration of capital decision making with strategic and financial plans.
From small community hospitals to large, complex healthcare systems, our approach to capital process design incorporates successful practices from inside and beyond healthcare. The approach, which provides a framework to achieve and sustain competitive financial performance, can be tailored to accommodate your organization’s operating culture. The result is a capital planning and management process specifically designed for your organization, yet built on the corporate finance discipline and consistency that contribute to long-term success.
Our experts work with you to:
- Evaluate your current capital decision-making processes
- Redesign and implement a best-practice capital decision-making process
- Design and implement evaluation criteria and decision structure for capital projects
- Standardize project submission and review
- Analyze spending and related metrics for each approved capital project
- Design and implement successful approaches to ongoing monitoring and tracking
To learn more about assessing capital funding availability, evaluating credit and debt capacity, and determining the optimal combination of funding sources, read about our Capital Management services.